Trivializing Trivial Trivia That Trivitizes Triviates!
- Stewardesses – is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
- Lollipop – is the longest word typed with your right hand.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
- Dreamt – is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt”.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- The sentence, “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”, uses every letter of the alphabet.
- The words, ‘racecar’, ‘kayak’, and ‘level’ are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
- There are only four words in the English language which end in “dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: “abstemious” and “facetious”.
- Typewriter – is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- A “jiffy” is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- Babies are born without kneecaps. They don’t appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
- If the population of China walked past you, 8 abreast, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite!
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- The average person’s left hand does 56% of the typing.
- the cruise line, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies room during a dance.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
This entry was posted in Trivia
. Bookmark the permalink